Today at SCS the Try a new technique challenge was to make a pop up gift card holder. It is awesome Check out this link for a video on how to do it. Hero Art's Club Blog. I used the new Wishing Tree stamp set from Pink Poison. Perfect for this challenge.
Here are the directions as posted on SCS
What you'll need:
4 X 12 Piece of patterned paper (or you can make your own by stamping a piece of 4 X 12 piece of cardstock)
4-1/4 X 4-1/4 Square piece of coordinating cardstock (used as mat for mounting the interior of gift card)
* Take your 4 X 12 piece and score it 4" from one end (horizontal orientation) - flip to the other end and score 4" from that end. This will give you a piece divided into 3- 4" squares
* Burnish all score lines with your bone folder
* Take the middle square and fold it in half, creating the Pop Up portion of this card in a "hill" -^-
* Using your gift card as a guide, cut a slit in the center of middle of your folded piece large enough for your gift card to slide into
* Adhere the back side of your pop up portion to your 4-1/4" square piece of cardstock
* Embellish as desired
* Insert gift card (the important part)
Thanks for stopping by.